WeDel Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy.
WeDel Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using any of our systems, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WeDel Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Scope and Application:
This Statement applies to ALL users of the WeDel systems which include the Website, Customer Management System and Mobile Application.
The policy applies to all Distributors, customers, drivers, couriers, partner transportation companies, and any other persons that use the WeDel platform under license (collectively (DA) “Delivery
Associates,” (DC) “Delivery Clients,” or individually “you.”)
Collection of Information:
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create, modify, or log in to your account, request support from us, consent to a background check, submit your driver’s license, submit information about your vehicle or insurance, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment information, vehicle registration information, insurance information, driver’s license information, and other information you may choose to provide.
All of the above information is only used to allow access to the full functionality of the WeDel Mobile App.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Delivery of your Order:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or special offers which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You have the option to opt out at any time. You can do this by emailing support@WeDel.co.uk
Estimated times for deliveries and collections are provided by the Drivers and traffic can be a mitigating factor, the delivery times are only estimates. We expect every order to be delivered within 4 hours and or within the time frame it takes to cover the estimated distance provided to you. We do not guarantee that Orders will be delivered or will be available for collection within the estimated times.
As a condition of providing users with transportation, delivery, or other services via the WeDel platform, your precise location data must be provided to WeDel via the app that that you use. Once the WeDel app has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we will collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
If you permit the WeDel app to access the address book on your device via the permission system used by your platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
We collect transaction details related to the transportation (or other) services you provide through our platform, including the type of service provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
“We Do Not Store Customer Credit Card Details”
We may collect information about your mobile device (whether your own device or a device we provide you), including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Call and SMS Data:
Our Services facilitate communications between users and DA. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the message.
When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information about Platform Permissions:
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the WeDel app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the WeDel app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
Use of Information:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your WeDel account with a payment provider (e.g., Sage pay or Apple Pay Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you use the Services through an account associated with a partner transportation company, we may receive information about you from that partner company.
- When you provide on demand services to Users, our Users may provide us with a driver rating or similar rating of the service you provide for them.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance to request on demand services as a User, or as a user of other apps we may provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Driver.
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, track location using GPS technology, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a User (e.g. a DA), such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of WeDel and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards;
- Personalise and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections.
- Provide a service within WeDel to its members who expect to receive information or location as part of the functionality of the application or system.
We do not spam our customers. Our email campaigns are limited and sent only for legitimate business purpose(s).
Sharing of Information:
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services we may share your information:
Other Important Sharing
- With Users in connection with their request for transportation or other services. For instance we may share your name, personal photo, vehicle photo, vehicle license, vehicle make and model, precise or approximate location, average rating provided by Users, and certain contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws). After you have provided the requested services, we will send the User a receipt via e-mail or other means which may include the breakdown of amounts charged, your name, contact information, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
- With other people, as directed by you, in connection with a particular service, offering or promotion; or with third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your partner transportation company and any necessary third parties engaged by us or the partner company, if you use the Services through an account connected to a partner transportation company
We may share your information:
Social Sharing Features:
- With WeDel subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralisation and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, operating agreement, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WeDel or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and;
- In an aggregated and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service.
Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others:
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at support@We-del.com
Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
WeDel will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to the Statement:
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may work with third parties who process information on our behalf. Any third party working with WeDel will do so in line with GDPR and in agreement with the WeDel Processor agreement.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Unit 3 (Behind Main Building),
Brent Way, Dartford,
Alternatively, please email us:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cancellation / Refund
Changing or cancelling your Order: If you wish to change or cancel your Order after it has been submitted and payment has been authorised, you may contact our Customer Care team as described above and they will attempt to contact the Delivery Associate in order to communicate your requests.
However, there is no guarantee that we will be able to reach the DA or that the DA will agree to your requests as they may have already started their Journey. We can only refund for jobs that are late due to DA error and or uncompleted
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
(DA) Delivery Associate “ Drivers”
(DC) Delivery Clients “ Customers”